Beta Finder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Beta Finder

For fan fic authors to find a beta

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

- The FAQ -

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Liv
Admin
Liv

- The FAQ - Empty
PostSubject: - The FAQ -   - The FAQ - EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:06 pm

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
What is this place, anyway?
What a wonderful question, hypothetical person. This is Beta Finder, the second incarnation of Liv's old beta forum. It was founded to bring writers and betas together in a more organized manner.

What are the advantages of signing up as a member?
By becoming a member, you have full posting privileges. If you are a writer, this means you can advertise your fanfiction, and find a wonderful beta to help you make it nice and shiny and better written. If you are a beta, you can find yourself a writer to help out by either trolling the forums, or becoming a Recognized Beta. Click here for more info on becoming an RB.

Why are there divisions of betas on this site?
So many of us here are writers. I know back in the day when I was looking for someone to help me, I could never really find anyone with decent skills, let alone find a central list of people. FanFiction.net's 6k word minimum on being a registered beta has not kept many people I know from having horrible luck finding someone to edit. The reason I came up with the idea of having the Recognized Betas (RB's) is so that the site community could easily sort through people who are a bit less committed to the craft, and those who took 30 minutes to become one.

How do I get a forum for my fandom?
Don't see your fandom on the main page? Hate being in the Misc forum? If you think there is enough of a representation of fans here, click over to the Suggestions forum and simply start a thread. Get a few people to vote, or convince the admin she's blindingly stupid for not including it, and it will be added.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/Livbeta/Beta-Site-Final

- The FAQ -
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beta Finder :: Housekeeping :: FAQ - Application Central-
Jump to: